CrazyPT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secret of the Power (Prs and may be Mage)

+2
Hime
dingo
6 posters

Go down

Secret of the Power (Prs and may be Mage) Empty Secret of the Power (Prs and may be Mage)

Post  dingo Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:08 am

This may be common sense for experienced Pristess player, but, anyway, here my finding.

Starting from lv80 map, no more mass-killing by pristess, DL/CL can no longer really kill anything there (effectively). Pristess can only count on VigorBall. Luckily VB in fact is a strong skill. I heard a fighter proud of that he can kill an Ironfist with 5 Avenging Crash, but what, pristess' VB can kill any non-boss mob in iron1/2 ice1/2 within 4 attacks, and more!

VB's damage is, if I'm not wrong, depending on lvl-difference between player and the monster.

Here a simple record on how many attacks need to kill a monster on iron2
Code:
.monster....lv....hp......86....88....89.<-.My.pristess.lvl
IronFist...100...17000...3-4...3-4...3-4.<-.counts.of.attacks.to.kill
Mountain....89....7500....3.....3.....1
D-Machine...89....6100....3.....3.....1
Omega.......88....6200....3.....1.....1

Note that I just lvl up and not yet increase any status point, the damage increase is already enormous. Without stating the details, I estimated the damage increase is about 5 time. And I believe that the damage will be continuely increased as the pristess's lvl increase.

This damage mechanism may also apply on Mage's deathray, that can explain why deathray is so powerful. But I've not try a mage yet.

(PS:I dont know why some high lvl pristess still lvling at DS. Although pristess can't mass-kill after lv80 map, but they can lvl effectivly there with VB. )

dingo

Back to top Go down

Secret of the Power (Prs and may be Mage) Empty Re: Secret of the Power (Prs and may be Mage)

Post  Hime Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:01 pm

Nice explanation Very Happy

It's true that vigor ball can kill at an extremely quick rate. It is indeed stronger than most melee class skills, but VB doesn't get any attack speed bonus. You don't see the animation going any faster at attack speed 8 compared to attack speed 10. Meanwhile, you see a significant difference for avenging crash and holy cross and other skills at the two attack speeds. Though you may need less hits to kill a monster, their attack speed compensates and you actually end up killing a monster at about the same time unfortunately. Also, I'm not sure if this is a problem with attack rating, but vigor ball cannot be used to pvp. I can keep spamming and no damage would be inflicted. Multispark does inflict damage, but the damage is miniscule.

Also I'm probably one of the high lv prs you see leveling at DS Razz. I choose DS to afk level because every monster is conveniently within the range of divine lightning. Ice2 would work also, but the spawn rate is too little and as you said, our aoe sucks after ct1 or so. From my experience with xp rate and kill rate, ice2 is definitely the best place for a prs to level up to perhaps 105. At level 90, i could kill each monster with 3-4 hits. At 10x, each monster dies with no more than 2 hits and i still get about 1.7m xp per monster.

Hime

Back to top Go down

Secret of the Power (Prs and may be Mage) Empty Re: Secret of the Power (Prs and may be Mage)

Post  dingo Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi, thx reply ^^

About VB attack speed, yes, I agree that VB's attack speed is pretty constant and slow, may be the animation thing.

About VB pvp, I've not tried pvp kill yet, as I'm pacificism ^^ but VB never missed, so I think it is not related to Attack Rating (which actually means Accuracy).

About the DS lvling thing, I think you are right. I tried VB 1vs1 kill in Forest of Sprite, and tried DL mass-kill at DS, they have similar exp rate when I'm lower 9x. Then DS lvling will be favoured more to higher lvl pristess, as DS is already a very low lvl map that exp getting from 55% only, a constant then, and exp from lv80/90 map monster will continuely decrease as pristess' lv increase.
But how about lost island map(lost1 is lv95 map, but all monsters there are lv101+, i think)? Excepty dark phalanx need 6 VB attacks, all other monsters still need 3-4 attacks, I'm already lv96 very soon after I arrived at lost1 (may be 2-3 hours)^_^

dingo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hime Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:30 am

It might have changed since 2 weeks ago, but last time I checked, most monsters in ice2 gave 2m xp and so did most monsters in lost island(land of chaos). In lost temple, they give 3 or so I think. In et1, every monster except the baby hopies, which give 2m, gives 4m. Every monster in et2 gives 4m xp. For a hit to xp ratio, ice2 is the best Smile

Hime

Back to top Go down

Post  dingo Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:36 pm

Hime wrote:It might have changed since 2 weeks ago, but last time I checked, most monsters in ice2 gave 2m xp and so did most monsters in lost island(land of chaos). In lost temple, they give 3 or so I think. In et1, every monster except the baby hopies, which give 2m, gives 4m. Every monster in et2 gives 4m xp. For a hit to xp ratio, ice2 is the best Smile

Oh, ok. After all the dense spawn on lost1 doesn't benefit much to an 1vs1 prs, may be I just too hard working that I feel leveling faster there ^^.

Let's go back to the original topic ^^

I have lvl up my mage, and check if DeathRay have similar property as VB, that its damage depends on player-monster lvl diff.
And it does!

The monsters I check are DS's stone golem(lv74) & CT1's dawlin (2-head cyclop, lv77). Before my mage reach their lvl, it need 3-4 deathray attacks (note:I had talent 150 for skill training b4, and not reset back yet by that time, the damage may be smaller than a normal mage), then when lvl matched, they all be killed by 1 deathray.

What does this imply?

I think:
1.Eventually, as lvl go higher, prs/mage will 1vs1 kill monster faster than other class, also, mage is best lvl-er in this server, as they have best aoe too; (mage sux after lv90 in normal server as I heard)
2.This may partly explain mage's pvp power, if this damage mechanisim apply to pvp -- they can kill other lower lvl player fast. (mage pvp power still owns, even without this mechanisim, because long range & high defence)

Do high lvl mage/prs agree? ^_^

dingo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hime Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:26 am

Hmm on a side note, I actually think the damage of VB is a bit stronger than that of death ray. The comparison I made was with a lv 90 prs and mage. Each was pure with base str/agi/health, 80 talent (+/- 1 or 2) and the rest on spirit, and both had a BC crown. In ice2, prs needed 3 vbs to kill succubus summoners. I think mages needed 4-5. This does need to be confirmed though.

Hime

Back to top Go down

Post  Joiper Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:01 am

Hime wrote:Hmm on a side note, I actually think the damage of VB is a bit stronger than that of death ray. The comparison I made was with a lv 90 prs and mage. Each was pure with base str/agi/health, 80 talent (+/- 1 or 2) and the rest on spirit, and both had a BC crown. In ice2, prs needed 3 vbs to kill succubus summoners. I think mages needed 4-5. This does need to be confirmed though.

Vbs attacks with 2 balls, and death ray only 1. Normal death ray are stronger than vbs. Question

Joiper

Back to top Go down

Post  Hime Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:48 am

Thats not what we're talking about at all. If you really want to talk about the amount of hits, then we'd have to take a lot more into perspective, such as meteorite, dia, etc. I'm referring to the amount of hits for each skill to kill a monster, while holding level and stat build constant.

Hime

Back to top Go down

Post  DeeJayJester Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:00 am

Hime wrote:Hmm on a side note, I actually think the damage of VB is a bit stronger than that of death ray. The comparison I made was with a lv 90 prs and mage. Each was pure with base str/agi/health, 80 talent (+/- 1 or 2) and the rest on spirit, and both had a BC crown. In ice2, prs needed 3 vbs to kill succubus summoners. I think mages needed 4-5. This does need to be confirmed though.

I have to agree with this, PRS are much more powerful than mages !

If PRS skills were not bugged in PVP, they would be the ultimate killing machine, even against mages.
Holy Mind + Glacial Spike + MS/VB = dead mage lol!

DeeJayJester

Back to top Go down

Post  ghp Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:08 am

Hime wrote:Nice explanation Very Happy

It's true that vigor ball can kill at an extremely quick rate. It is indeed stronger than most melee class skills, but VB doesn't get any attack speed bonus. You don't see the animation going any faster at attack speed 8 compared to attack speed 10. Meanwhile, you see a significant difference for avenging crash and holy cross and other skills at the two attack speeds. Though you may need less hits to kill a monster, their attack speed compensates and you actually end up killing a monster at about the same time unfortunately. Also, I'm not sure if this is a problem with attack rating, but vigor ball cannot be used to pvp. I can keep spamming and no damage would be inflicted. Multispark does inflict damage, but the damage is miniscule.

Also I'm probably one of the high lv prs you see leveling at DS Razz. I choose DS to afk level because every monster is conveniently within the range of divine lightning. Ice2 would work also, but the spawn rate is too little and as you said, our aoe sucks after ct1 or so. From my experience with xp rate and kill rate, ice2 is definitely the best place for a prs to level up to perhaps 105. At level 90, i could kill each monster with 3-4 hits. At 10x, each monster dies with no more than 2 hits and i still get about 1.7m xp per monster.

what you mean by afk killing? explain please Razz
and VB should be rank 10? cuz they suggest to put it rank 1
ty

ghp

Back to top Go down

Post  SkullKid Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:10 am

Holy Mind don't work on player, you can buff then with it but won't work and even with glacial spike is a little hard to kill mage due to bubble reduce damage in percent. But priest would be much more funnier if all this stuff works (but donĀ“'t forget of other classes too or is another overpower char).
SkullKid
SkullKid

Back to top Go down

Post  DeeJayJester Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:37 am

SkullKid wrote:Holy Mind don't work on player, you can buff then with it but won't work and even with glacial spike is a little hard to kill mage due to bubble reduce damage in percent. But priest would be much more funnier if all this stuff works (but donĀ“'t forget of other classes too or is another overpower char).

Holy mind does work on other players, when its casted, you will notice your attk power lower, and changed to a red colour, same affect as witches in Cursed temple floor 2.

Glacial spike in not used to kill, its all about slowing down the animations of the mage.

A PRS could be over powered, but only if you know what your doing with her, where as a mage, is simply point and click

PT for Dummies = mage

DeeJayJester

Back to top Go down

Post  SkullKid Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:08 am

Like when you use force and doesn't work with AoE skills even u seeing the added atk power, holy mind won't have effects either. And I don't mention glacial spike to kill, it was about frezzeing and damaging that won't kill, even pikes with ground pike+ vanish+ cs don't kill mages that easily.
SkullKid
SkullKid

Back to top Go down

Post  DeeJayJester Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:41 am

SkullKid wrote: And I don't mention glacial spike to kill,

but earlier you said :

SkullKid wrote: even with glacial spike is a little hard to kill mage due to bubble reduce damage in percent.

SkullKid wrote:Like when you use force and doesn't work with AoE skills

Forces dont work with any prs skill, never mind AoE skills, forces are simply shiny eye candy.

SkullKid wrote: even pikes with ground pike+ vanish+ cs don't kill mages that easily.

But at least pikes have a chance to try and kill them, thier skills are not bugged in PVP, when the prs skill bug gets sorted, then we will be able to see whats what, as they say " the proof of the pudding is in the eating "

DeeJayJester

Back to top Go down

Post  SkullKid Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:47 am

Yeah you right, remove VB bug is a must, so we can have some fun in killing people with PRSs.
SkullKid
SkullKid

Back to top Go down

Post  Hime Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:01 am

Forces and the BC crown do affect vigor ball for prs. I have tested it personally. Vigor ball, probably like death ray, takes into account your actual attack power. Glacial spike is used to slow down someone for about 4 seconds so they attack slower or it delays their potion usage. I've noticed that holy mind doesn't work on monsters either... or at least at lv 1 and with certain higher level monsters. Glacial spike doesn't work in et, but it works in greedy lake thankfully.

Hime

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down