CrazyPT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appeal to cPT staff

3 posters

Go down

Appeal to cPT staff Empty Appeal to cPT staff

Post  SkullKid Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:48 am

I'm here to offer help in improving crazyPT server in different ways: site and forum layout, technical suport and guidance for newcomers, the server files and sets, the game features (skins, layouts, scripting...), well, everything related to cPT. And I also encore people who have some "know how" of priston server to post here to help in improving the server too.
SkullKid
SkullKid

Back to top Go down

Appeal to cPT staff Empty Re: Appeal to cPT staff

Post  tutstuts Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:55 am

Yea that for sure would be a good idea, someone to focus on the website, board, maybe giving some help with the new updates/etc, so that would give the GM more time to focus on the server itself.

I hope he takes someone.. I cant really help because I only know about the game itself, I know nothing about servers/pshop/scripting/etc. But if they need advice about balancing the game, working with the economy inside the game, divulgating, then I can help about that.

tutstuts

Back to top Go down

Post  SkullKid Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:49 am

here is a list of what I can help in:

-website and forum (this kind of stuff is my real life job);
-server maintance (remotely obviously);
-game improving (I made a PT server for my self long ago, so I know skinning stuff and client modification);
-technical assistance, in-game and on pc itself (also worked with pc maintance).
SkullKid
SkullKid

Back to top Go down

Post  Hime Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:57 am

Hmm i wonder if anyone here knows how to code. I am personally very rusty with my c++ and haven't coded anything with it in over 2 years. If anyone does know sufficient amounts of coding, i would say shooting the gm a pm because some things do need to be recoded...

Maintenance and the server itself should probably be left to the gm himself. Otherwise that would create security leaks that makes it easier for people to hack. If i recall, Opt, a server that came around the same time as cpt, has already been hacked once or twice.

Hime

Back to top Go down

Post  tutstuts Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:51 am

I know a guy that is really good at programing. C++ and everything, his ign is LeoASAG.

He once had a server, a very good one, and helped some others. He closed it because it was too much trouble, but maybe he can give a hand here..

tutstuts

Back to top Go down

Post  SkullKid Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:44 am

good! other people come post for help!

BTW, c++ is good, but is most useful to know assembly language (intel one ofc), because c++ only have full use on the game and dependences (DLLs) if they had the source of it, and as far as I know, even the retired programmers of kPT have it...
SkullKid
SkullKid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down